Monday, April 4, 2011

Becoming Famous

So far I have read 171 out of 558 pages and recently I have been reading alot about when Slash and his band (Guns and Roses) were trying to find a producer. They have looked at a lot of potential producer but apparently none of the felt right to them, but if I was in their position I would have loved to have anyone of the producers that they had interviews with because they had some big time producers, like for exemple they had the producers from Aerosmith, Montley Crue, Poison and Stix. At one poit they even had Paul Stanley (singer and guitarist for KISS) but apparently Slash did not like that Paul was trying to change the way they sound so he kind of disliked him and Paul Stanley did not become their producer. Eventually they found a producer named Mike Clink (He worked with Heart and Jefferson Starship) and after one recording and listening to the play back they realised that he was the one. Mike signed Guns and Roses and they were given cash along with a small house for them to live in. Now that they have a producer they can start recording songs and becoming famous worldwide.

While I was reading this I realised that becoming a famous musician will take a long time to do because they wasted almost a whole year to find a producer and during that year they didn't play any gigs because they needed to do interviews and practice alot so they couldn't make any money and had to find places to live. Reading all this kind of interests me less in trying to get me and the band I am in famous but I think in the end it would all be worth it.

PS: I was thinking of doing a vlog next and I was wondereing if it  would be interesting to watch so let me know in the comment section. Thanks = )

2 comments:

  1. Love the VLOG idea. Being in a band is definitely a lot of work. But if you are doing something you love, it makes all of the work worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA ! I had no idea Slash was in the Kiss band. I just saw the image. I hope you are enjoying your book !

    ReplyDelete