I have read 102 out of 547 pages of my biography and I have to say that Slash had a really crazy childhood. He did BMX biking and destroyed property by doing so. He did drugs, drank alcohol and stole from a variety of different stores but he manly stole records and cassettes from a music store that he later worked at, which I find odd. The one thing I found really interesting is that he started playing guitar at the same age as me and he learned from an old beat up acoustic guitar that only had one string and now he’s a famous guitarist. It makes me think that if I practice a lot that maybe I could be as good as him. Another thing I discovered that Slash and I have in common is that we both love animals. He manly stole pets from a pet store, especially lizards and snakes but he cared for animals such as I do. In conclusion I have found out that learning guitar and forming a band is a lot harder than it looks, even though I already knew learning guitar wasn’t going to be easy but now I know that forming a band takes a lot of hard work and determination. I know this because he told the stories of him and his friends forming their first band all the way to him joining Guns and Roses which was his first band that actually became famous.
It's amazing what practice, hard work and determination can achieve!
ReplyDeleteI can see that slash has a hard difficult childhood. But with all the drogues and destroyed proprety you he still had a heart and had a guitar to let his feeling out, i guess. I've always wanted to learn the guitar and maybe one day I will. He kept going for what he believed and you should to. Keep enjoying your reading!!!
ReplyDeleteSeems quite interesting to be reading about such a legend! It is also great when you read a book and you can easily relate to the person. Seems like quite a good book for you! Your interests are quite similar and I wish you best of luck with your futur in guitar.
ReplyDelete